they say you can't see the forest when you're there among the trees

we never know how a thing will go.  i've made it a point in my life to take every opportunity that makes sense for me.  i've spent very little (if any) of my life wondering what could've been.  cause i took most (if not all) of the chances i've been given. some worked the way i planned for them to.  some didn't work the way i had planned.  but you know what they say..."the best laid plans....."  what do they say again?

so here i sit.  eight weeks after leaving my job of 7 years for another opportunity.  an opportunity that afforded me the things i thought i was missing.  an office.  people to see in real life.  culture.  new friends. dog friendly facilities.  new challenges.  opportunity for growth.  turns out, i wasn't missing those things at all. forest, trees...ya know.

last week i was offered yet another opportunity and i accepted.  QBP has asked me to return to the Q family as of my birthday, september 4th, 2018.  with a heavy heart i delivered the news to petzl.  in my short time here i've met some truly amazing, talented, and FUN people.  i hope we can still be friends. 

i am truly ecstatic to be returning to q.  i learned that they aren't kidding when they say that q is something special.  it is.  i learned that when i left and realized it's not that special at every job.  there are plenty of great jobs out there, don't get me wrong.  for me, QBP is a level 9 wizard with no competition.

more positive that has come a result of all of this transition in my professional life is that i've decided to pursue my next course with the NACM and earn a second certification.  the timeline is still TBD since i'm still actively transitioning from petzl to q and the course offering schedule is limited.  stay tuned.

lastly, in order to properly close one chapter and set the next off on the right foot, i'm heading to the desert of moab in less than 48 hours to get some desert therapy, birthday celebrations, shenanigans, good beer, sleeping in the dirt, camp fire, good food, and lots of driving with the top off.....of the jeep that is. 

i'll return north on monday, september 3rd prepared to report for duty to my living room on tuesday, september 4th.




Comments

Popular Posts